Whenever I make Almond milk, there is lots of almond meal left over. I usually like to recycle them as much as possible. So here’s my recipe of what I do with the leftover almond meal. This is a very quick recipe. I feel guilty to even call it a recipe. Its basically mixing few spices with almond meal and roasting it with some olive oil. I call this simple but delicious almond-spice mix – ‘Almondini’. This word is inspired by ‘Tahini’. Tahini is a sesame seed paste used as a side with humus or baba ganoush. I usually use Almondini as a gravy thickener or sometimes just mix it up with honey and use as a spread, dip or some other times I eat it with yoghurt etc.
Almonds: 1 cup
Olive oil: 5 tbsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: pinch
Sea salt: to taste
Prep time: 15 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease 4 inch pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Spread the almond meal evenly. Sprinkle cumin powder, sea salt, black pepper powder. Roast if for 20 mins. Intermittently make sure to give a good mix.
3. Take it out and let it cool. In a blender, mix this roasted mix with 4 tbsp of olive oil. Store it in fridge till use.
1. This mixture stores well for about a month or two in refrigerator.
2. Use as a substitute to Tahini in baba ganoush. You would be pleasantly surprised :). Please check out my eggplant dip recipe that uses Almondini.
For Recipe box: